Time. It's slipping from my grasp, slowly, subtly, gently, subconsciously. The weekends come as quick as they fly by. I barely have time to sit down and stare at my ceiling like how I always do back home in Penang. The 'ME times' when I'd just listen to my ipod and drift away, to a faraway, make up land, where everything is perfect. LOL Those times and those land..seem not just physically and mentally further now, they seem rather nonexistent and silly. Yea, I've lost those times when I'd just sit, look out of the balcony and think of random things. In fact, I barely have time to look at my toes and it usually takes kicking my big toe at the edge of something real hard, for me to look down at it, rub it with my face wincing in pain, and go.."Gee, these toenails need some trimming". ..And might I add, I haven't seen my mum's face on skype in..bout 3 weeks. I take advantage of travelling times to call her and speak to her. :(
So yes, it is uni. It's the workload, the never-ending assessments, the society events, the non-availability of my off days from uni due to work. But I still love work. :) My free time are scheduled to read up on uni reading materials/prepare for assessments. Yes, it's turning sad. And on the occasions where I book my weekend for social events, I suffer the night of that particular weekend and thereafter. And obviously there's housekeeping to do here and there. I miss my maid. I actually mean it literally. Well obviously there's the portion where I miss the luxury of having her around, the luxury of telling her "Kakak, please wash this top and I need to wear it tomorrow!" and actually having that top folded nicely on my bed the next day and the luxury of waking up at 11am, walking out of my room rubbing my eyes, telling her I want to eat pasta at 12pm to make it in time for my 1pm Physics class in college. Yea, that portion, but there's this other part, which is, she actually makes me laugh :). She does stupid/funny/nonsensical things that gives me the opportunity to annoy her.
..Time.
And I realized how my course is so short, I don't have time to lose if I want to get what I want to get right after I graduate, or a short period of time after. Hence, the cramming of all the things I need to do during my uni days and the things I want to do while I'm still at uni. And hence, I'm losing time and slowly, the ability to juggle all my wants and needs with the availability of time left to me. And yet I don't believe, you can't have everything. I've seen cases, inspirational cases which is sufficient for the time being.
I can see now, how they say, when your age reaches the double digits, every time the first digit turns to a bigger number, time flies faster.
*takes a deep breath*
Just slow down a minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment