Sunday, April 5, 2009

Absolute random.

Ah. It's been a while. And I won't bore you with details of why "it's been a while" but basically, it isn't procrastination, it's the filled schedule. Filled with random, random stuff.

Anyhow, I'll fill you in with the random stuff that I can think of now, the ones I think won't bore you?

1. I've moved! ..to literally the corner of where I used to stay. lol So in terms of location, not much to adapt to at all. Work is still 5 minutes walk away. :) And I can see darling harbour from one of the balconies, which is the one awesome thing.

2. I have a finance mid-sem paper on thurs. And to be perfectly honest, I was not stressed about it at all until this evening, after my gym session (will discuss this in more detail below). While walking back home, I started thinking of how, I dont have anymore time for it and am freaking out badly.

3. In my opinion, lecturers are academics who, expect students who excel in university to seriously, not have a life. I don't know about your university. But in my university, my faculty, every single damn Unit of Study Outline I get at the start of every damn semester, I'd see the horrifying "If you are an average student seeking to get an average result you are expected to spend at least 9hours each week on learning." Oh, that's for ONE subject :). 

4. I joined the gym :). And quite liking it, really. I actually woke up at 9ish on a Saturday morning, yesterday and went for pilates. Quite an achievement, don't you think?

5. I once heard a friend told me, pilates make you fart. I think I was the living proof yesterday. And mind you, it wasn't easy to let go of your gas (quietly) with one person kinda at the tip of your toes and another at the tip of your head.

6. Body pump is some serious work out.

7. I swear, when my alarm wakes me up tomorrow morning, and as I lay conscious on my bed, I probably won't be able to lift one arm to switch the alarm off. 

8. I'm so dramatic.

9. I quite am looking forward to white water rafting during the easter break :)

10. Not to mention, showbag shopping at the easter show!

11. Speaking of shopping, brings me to the marc cardigan I saw this evening :(. I want it la. It hugs my body so nicely, I nearly drooled.

12. No. 8 applies here again.

13. I'm going for yoga on Wednesday. First ever lesson since I first spoke of it, 3 years ago?

14. I ate Malaysian pancakes today! The thick ones selling at the corner of Pulau Tikus market. The ones with peanuts and sugar and yummmmmy flavour! Yes, had that at a Charity food fair with Malaysian food. mm YUm *closes eyes*

15. I spent nearly an hour just grating carrots this morning for the laksa stall. At the end of it? My fingernails were pretty much orange-y with zig-zaggy fingernail tips. Quite hilarious really. And another girl I know who spent her morning cutting cucumbers, had green-ish , moldy looking fingers... I had no idea that could happen. 

16. I like the fact that now they've switched the clock back, I'm only 2 hours ahead on Malaysia. So I saw my mum's face on skype just now after about 2 weeks already. But that also means, it gets dark earlier which is a bit depressing.

I have more to talk about. But, give me some time to elaborate and dramaticize them like I always do and I'll post it up. 

Meanwhile, wish me luck for tomorrow. And obviously, Thursday.

No comments: