Saturday, November 22, 2008

Of utter boredom and shocking news.

I'm getting the blogging bug now. That feeling you have when you've jsut started something new/bought something new, I can't remember the term. That's the problem when you're too bored. Your brain doesn't function well. And I had an 'extremely blonde moment' today, as Sha said. LOL Received a text message from my dad and so was trying to call my mum but just her being herself, my 2 attempts of calling her was in vain. So I tried calling the house phone, I mean Penang house phone. But somehow or rather, I looked through my contact list and called 'home' which is the number for my Sydney house phone and it was directly next to me, 15cm away. 3 times, it rang, and it still didnt' strike me that I was the caller for that phone. I even attempted answering it the first time round and thought my brother was playing a prank on me. :S and then I realised. aiya

Text message from dad was about my uncle who's just passed away this morning, in his sleep. How scary. The last time I met him was probably the last time I went back to Kota Bharu, which has been a long time ago now, I don't even remember when it was. To just past away in your sleep, how peaceful but how..shocking. 

Reminds me of a letter I read at work on Wednesday. It was a letter from a man who's passed away a few months ago, a hand written letter of a dead man. I had never experienced something like that before. I had never read a hand written letter by a dead man. Though its contents was nothing special and nothing more than a letter written to an accountant, I couldn't help but teared a little. I had no idea how that happened but when I was reading it, somehow some kind of emotions took over me and before I realised, I was tearing up a lil. lol I had never met that man, never spoken to him, not even on the phone. But somehow the idea of reading his last words cracked me into tears. Funny how, despite having terminal cancer, part of his concern before going off was to make sure his finances are all in order. And yes, he was indeed very ill and we know that because after writing the letter, he couldn't make it to send it to us. 

AH. I am not particularly close to that uncle of mine. But he took care of my dad really well when he was young. Although we never bonded, the idea of not being able to see that one person for the rest of your life is terrifying. See how we take advantage of things when they're still around. 

Don't think my attempt to break a record of staying in bed this whole day is going to work. lol


No comments: