Saturday, December 13, 2008

The First.

It's nice to have mum this close :). Albeit her quite busy schedule, I'm obviously her priority in these few weeks. We've been shopping, talking, eating and doing stuff I've been missing. I wish my vocabulary is better, but it's not, and so, all I can say about these wonderful moments spent with mum is that, 'It's been good'. 

And so, like I said, we've been talking bout randoms and about stuff girls do, and then she told me a story. A story about someone I know very well but I shan't disclose names or how I'm related or connected to that person. She told me that, this person, a guy, told her, that it is most difficult for a guy to let go of their first relationship. He dated his first back in school and after a couple of years, he went abroad to further his studies. Apparently, the girl vowed to wait for him, but she didn't. And when he got back, she was already with another. That was all many years ago now and he's also due to wed another girl soon. He seems happy with this girl he's about to settle down with, at least that's what everyone's been saying. But truth is, he still recalls and holds on to his first. 

I can't help but wonder, if guys were to hold on to their firsts, what happens to all their wives? Do they just go on with their lives and recalls those firsts, occasionally, wishing everything would turn out the way they want it to? If all guys go through that, wouldn't all women have to put up with these crap? 

Despite what his first did to him, he still feels that way, and still say what he said. While I've always thought, the notion of 'first love' was nothing more than pure bullshit, what he said really made me wondered, does the 'first' have such a huge impact on one, or is it just guys, or is it just him?


1 comment:

Happyness Talks said...

I think it's for most people, regardless of the gender. As much as I've put my first behind me, I still do occasionally think of him and the happy times I had with him. Not that I miss him or anything, but I guess it's more of reminiscing. Maybe it varies; I don't miss my first as much anymore, but some people still do, especially when it wasn't an argument or change of heart that broke them up, but under certain unavoidable circumstances.

I'm still keeping a photo of my ex and I in my wallet.